Saturday, February 12, 2011

Our first Safari

Originally, we just wanted to post some pictures of our first Safari ... but due to TIA (as we like to call it - when something goes not as planned due to the African nature) we will have to wait till next week to share some of our pictures with you.

But anyways, we went on our first mini Safari up to Lake Nakuru in Kenya, and it did not disappoint. Seeing animals up close and in those settings is pretty surreal. We had the chance to do a walking safari (yes, walking amongst wild animals), take a boat to see the hippos, and of course the driving safari around the lake in search of lions!!

I won't go on and on about the day and let the pictures speak for themselves. But one thing that we did want to say is that we had some lions no more then three feet away from us - it was so so scary haha. Arnold had to take the camera away from me because I was too scared to snap some photos. I thought they were going to jump into the jeep.

We also had a white rhino that was about 5 feet from the Jeep - I think Arnold nearly had a heart attack because he thought it was going to come charging.

Anyways, time to sign off - we need to prep for our big hike tomorrow :S but thanks for reading and we will keep you posted on how the big ol' hike went. (Plus Arnold has some great thoughts on the past 24 hours in Tanzania - it has been a bit interesting haha)

Be back from the hike on Friday.

Much Love,

Melissa and Arnold

3 comments:

  1. I hope you have the greatest adventures of a life time. Make sure you take all the opportunities to see everything there is, try it all. I cannot wait to see the pictures.
    Love you lots
    BE SAFE
    Mom
    p.s.
    Arn, take care of my little girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you weren't eaten by lions. I would miss you both terribly. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow sounds like things are off to a great start! I miss you guys so much and I hope to join you at some point in Europe. Your card was also beautiful!

    love always
    Dani

    ReplyDelete