Tuesday, February 8, 2011

"Packing Light"

So packing light has never been part of my vocabulary - it just doesn't exist in my world and I think the reason everyone was sooo interested in how my packing was going. (I should apologize now for the lack of posts - I promise we have a bunch coming). Anyways, I put off packing, like I put off homework back in the college days. Lets just say that our house was clean and I was basically ready for the trip, except for one minor detail, my bag wasn't packed. So here I am on Saturday night at 1am (so technically Sunday), the night before we leave trying to pack for the first time. I put everything on my wish list into my bag, picked it up, decided it was very heavy and that I couldn't deal with it, so I went to bed thinking about what I could part with. Of course Sunday morning comes fast and I'm back to doing everything but packing - 3pm rolls around (30 minutes before Susie is picking us up) and I decide I better pack my bag for a final time and at that time - I didn't care about the weight of my bag, I just threw everything in there. A lot of people wanted a picture of my bag on the scale and well I'm proud to say I did well (in my mind). Three things I would like to point out: 1) I still managed to pack 5 pairs of shoes - I'm proud of myself, I took two pair off the wish list (and here people said it couldn't be done), 2) My bag only weighed 36.8 POUNDS - can you believe it, because I know I couldn't, 3) I was mad at myself after I saw the scale because I realized I could have packed a couple more items. LOL

So that is the story of my packing adventure - I have a rather funny picture of all the stuff I was trying to bring, let's just say most of the weight comes from my toiletries bag (because as you can see - there are no clothes in that pile yet)

Hope all is well.

Love Melissa and Arnold

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA, your face is priceless. I want to see LEE's bag, I bet he needs a lot of toiletries to try and make his mug presentable. ;0

    I'm stoked to follow you guys on your adventure and partially guilty that I haven't talked to you on the phone prior to your departure. Maybe I'll call you tonight ...

    K

    ReplyDelete