Sunday, May 15, 2011

Missing Home...

I get a lot of emails asking me if I miss home and surprisingly, I don't. I thought I would miss my blackberry, my routine and be annoyed by living out of a backpack, but so far things have been great. The food has been pretty good for me (only down side is I eat a lot of food that is bad for me now haha) - I'm not craving anything and if I do, the places we have been generally have something similar to what I want. Living out of a backpack has actually been better then I thought it would be (it's just carrying the thing that creates problems) - I've got packing my bag down to a science and everything has its place. For once, I actually packed really well and love all my clothes that I brought - don't regret one choice and don't really need anything else. (shocking for me - and funny story, Arnold hated all of his clothes he brought and wanted to throw everything away hahah). I really, really do not miss my phone- I did at first, but only because I didn't ever know what day it was or what time it was, but now I don't care about that.

Some things that I do miss though is: popcorn from the Theatre loaded with butter, Jersey Shore and my wallet haha. I didn't bring a wallet so my cards aren't really organized and its kind of messy, but it's all good. So other then that, life on that road has been really good. I also missed my electric toothbrush and caved and asked Arnold to bring that back for me - I just couldn't do without it.  So that sort of answers that question - I miss certain things, but in general, not really and not enough to make me want to come home
one day earlier. ;)

Love Melissa and Arnold

1 comment:

  1. It's a good sign that you don't miss your phone, otherwwise what would that say about you? Short of popcorn loaded with butter (because who doesn't want that?) i'm glad you don't miss anything .. it's not going anywhere and I know I sure would give up a few things to do what you're donig!
    Also, you shouldn't tell people you have a really exciting post coming up - eeek! because now what? we wait and check your blog obsessively to see what the heck you're talking about?! Tease!

    Miss You ... and LEE a bit too ;)

    ReplyDelete