Monday, May 23, 2011

A Story about my backpack ...

Arnold has pointed out to me that when I am wearing my backpack people will stare and sometimes laugh. I also get A LOT of comments from taxi drivers and from the front desk staff when we check into Hotels. My backpack might be just a bit on the big side haha - but just a bit. But I think that its just the style of the actual backpack that makes it look worse then what it is. The bottom part of my pack ends at my butt (maybe in the middle?) and the top is higher then my head by 4 inches - so from the back, I think it pretty much
looks like my backpack has legs. Seeing how I am a bit on the smaller side, people really stare. I think the older couples are trying to figure out how I am able to carry this thing and feel bad for me haha - but it isn't too bad, just gets heavy after wearing it for too long. And really, its my fault that its so big - so therefor my problem (But Arnold is so sweet and helps me carry stuff).

While I was packing my bag back up when we were leaving Capri, I noticed that I had a lot of stuff haha. Don't tell Arnold this, but I think I have about 13 different tank tops, 4 pairs of shorts, 6 pairs of pants/jeans/tights, a couple t-shirts and a TON of other clothing items haha - maybe that is why I was so happy with my clothing choices, I have lots to choose from. My shoe count has also gone up to 8 somehow :S ooh boy ... haha, I know, that's really bad, but I couldn't help it. But at the end of the day, it's not my clothes that make my bag heavy, its my toiletries/medicine bag. I seriously need to figure out a way
to downsize some of that stuff - that is my goal now. To get my bag to weigh less. I think in total (between my backpack, purse and small backpack) I'm carrying around pretty much half of my body weight. We might be shipping some stuff back to Canada once we get to Spain LOL

Love Melissa and Arnold

PS. Sorry for the delay in blog posts - I couldn't get wifi on my PC and I write all of my posts on my PC and then post them on the blog - so therefore I couldn't get any of the posts off without having to re-type them all. I will update you guys on our time in Florence and life in Spain so far. Hope all is well. (a couple new posts below this one)

Since you guys all liked the suspense last time - I have another blog post coming soon that I think some people will find intersting - just finishing it up (its been hard to write). And no, no fun celebrities... haha

No comments:

Post a Comment