Sunday, September 4, 2011

Coffee, Face products and shopping...

The amount of coffee shops in Korea is pretty insane. Koreans LOVE their coffee haha. Just in one corner near the place we are staying there are about 5 coffee shops. FIVE!! And only on one corner. Everywhere you look, you will see a couple of them. And no, not the big Starbucks chain, but lots of independent shops. Don't get me wrong, they have loads of the chains here, but just as many independent shops as well. And these places are always busy - we have gone in at 9pm for a chai and the coffee shops are packed. Like who is drinking that much coffee at 9-10pm at night. Don't they sleep? LOL. I swear that there is over a million coffee shops in this city haha

The big thing here is face cream shops. I think that those shops are trying to out number the coffee shops. It's like they are competing against each other to see who can have more stores. When you walk down the street, it seems like every other shop is a beauty product store haha. And once again, they are always busy. I have never seen so many places advertising skin whitening creams in my life. But lets face it, Asians (and Korean in particular) have some of the best skin around. Flawless. So it's hard not to get sucked into what they are buying because it's obviously working for the Koreans. My sister in law has been so helpful in getting me addicted to products sold here. I will blame her when I max out my visa on beauty products haha. She even introduced me to facials. So now I want to get a facial every two weeks haha. Once again, Korea is the place to be if you want any good advice or procedures for skin. Amazing.

Shopping, shopping, and more shopping. Next time I come to Seoul, it will be with an empty suitcase. Everywhere you turn, there is some sort of clothing store. I think Korea might be the best place I have been to for shopping. It is amazing here. I could honestly spend weeks upon weeks here shopping. Everything fits so well and is very trendy (but beware, if you have big boobs, Korea is not the place for you haha). They have these malls here that are 6 floors high, all full of little boutiques. Every area of the city is full of independent boutiques and it seems like Koreans are always shopping. Luxury brand items are out of the question though. Any high end designer name is very, very expensive in Asia. They are almost double the price you would pay in North America. So now I know why they flock overseas to buy name brands. Ooh and I also did a little shopping in the "worlds biggest department store". Now that "department store" was impressive haha. (I didn't buy anything, but I wanted to say that I went there haha).

Love Melissa and Arnold

No comments:

Post a Comment