Saturday, September 3, 2011

Seoul of Asia...

Okay, I have been slacking BIG TIME since we got to Seoul, but I have some good stories coming.

The last stop on our trip was Korea. A chance for me to learn more about Arnold's culture and finally meet some family members I haven't had a chance to meet. I was excited and nervous about coming to Seoul. Excited because I knew it would be a lot of fun, but nervous to meet his family for the first time and not be able to speak any Korean.

We arrived in Seoul on August 18th and have been staying with at my sister-in-laws place. So yes, we have totally taken over their place for the past couple of weeks and made ourselves at home LOL. We feel pretty lucky to be able to stay in Seoul for an extended period of time and have the best city tour guides at our finger tips haha. They know SO much about Seoul and how to get around. Seoul has been nothing short of amazing. It is definitely one of my top 5 cities in the world.

Probably THE best thing about this city is what I saw within 3 hours of getting here. After we left the airport we took the bus to Shelley's house. We were there for about 20 minutes before we decided to take the short walk to get TACOS!!! (OMG, BEST tacos ever haha- but maybe I say that because I haven't had Mexican food forever and it tasted so good). The walk to the Taco place is about 5 minutes and as we are walking we see an older Korean man PASSED out in the middle of the street HA HA. Now, it wasn't a main road, but a road none the less. I had heard about these Korean men that do that, but didn't believe it still happened. Well, it does and it's soo funny. He just had too much to drink and needed a time out. The drinking culture here is very funny.

But I have lots and lots of stories coming...

Love Melissa and Arnold

No comments:

Post a Comment