Monday, September 5, 2011

The end of the trip...

Well, the end is finally here, hard to believe that we have already been gone 7 months. I'm not sure where time has gone. I don't think I can write a good enough summary of our trip or put into words how we feel about everything. For me, it's a bit bitter sweet. I want to come home, but at the same time, I could have stayed away for another couple of months.

I can't tell you what my favorite country was, what my favorite memory was because honestly, there is too many to pick from. And I don't think I can really explain to anyone how much this trip has made an impact on us. We are coming home with some amazing memories and experiences and with a new outlook on how we want to live our lives.

We have so many great things to look forward to once we are back and we know that the next couple of years will be some sort of new adventure for us. I think Arnold and I both needed to shake things up in our lives and this trip is just what we needed. We were both just going through the motions of each day while we were in Calgary, but not really enjoying ourselves. We have new things to look forward to now and new opportunities for work. Who knows, maybe we will be back in Seoul soon to teach a little English - haha (but I would seriously consider it - I can hear my mom yelling at me for that comment). So you haven't heard the last from us Lee's.

Okay, I better stop before I start rambling and get all emotional (nevermind, it's too late) haha.. But thank you so much to everyone who read our blog and put up with all of my bad grammar. I'm not going to lie, blogging is a hard job and it wasn't easy for me, but I'm glad I did it and I hope that everyone enjoyed the stories from our trip. It's been one heck of a journey. We feel pretty lucky to have done this and had the chance to do it as a team. I couldn't have asked for a better person to spend 7 months with away from home.

A lot of people have asked about pictures. When I get back to Canada and have a bit of time, I will definitely sort something out. I will either post them on here or create a link for flickr and send it out to anyone that is interested. We have thousands of photos, so it could take some time haha.

We are looking forward to seeing everyone when we are back, so give us a call or send us an email.

Lots and lots of love

Melissa and Arnold
We are still swinging life away ... 

PS. I have that "I'm coming home" song stuck in my head now. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment