Saturday, September 3, 2011

Teaching English...

The second day we were in Seoul, I was asking Agri (Shelley's husband) about teaching English here. Okay, more like I was peppering him with a million questions about teaching here. I just wanted to know how it worked, how he got his jobs and the system. I guess my million questions seemed to trigger something because before long he had talked me into teaching a class for him. HA HA yep, I agreed to teach English to little Korean kids.

Agri was heading to some meetings with Arnold and instead of asking someone else to fill in for him for the day, he thought it would be better if I went in his place. Just to see how it would be and if I liked it. He arranged for another teacher from the school to take me there and show me around. So on Monday afternoon, I was off to teach English to 5 year olds for two hours.

I was soo nervous, but it was a lot of fun. The kids are sooo cute and spoke really good English. Thankfully I had a co-teacher there so she did all the hard parts (like telling the kids to listen haha). My class was really small - I had 8 kids that day and I think they liked me. At first, they were all very shy and I think scared of me, but they warmed up by the end. The best part about the teaching gig, was that I got paid to do it. LOL I can now say that I have had an income this year ;) I took their picture at the end of class and told them all to say "Kimchi" haha.

Pretty awesome experience and definitely something I never thought I would be doing here in a million years. But who knows, maybe we move to Seoul now so I can teach English haha... wink wink.

Love Melissa and Arnold

No comments:

Post a Comment