Monday, September 5, 2011

Random bits...

So this post really has no rhyme or reason, but just some things I have thought about lately that I didn't get around to posting.

There are these amazing workout stations all throughout Seoul. It's a great theory and it's nice to see the older folks using them, but they are a bit useless. Believe me, I tried using them before haha.

K-Pop is pretty much the best entertainment around. If you ever need a good laugh, just google a K-pop video and you will feel so much better in a second.

I'm scared to go home because I haven't really had to cook, clean or do my own laundry in 7 months. And now I'm going to have to do all of those things again haha.

Drinking on a Monday night in Seoul is no big thing - actually, it seems like it's the norm. And if you can't stand or walk to the taxi area, it is A-OK to pass out where you are. haha I love seeing the drunk people stumbling around.

Expect to hear older Korean women burping as you walk down the street.

Expect the same older Korean women to push you out of their way - actually, a lady grabbed the back of my shorts to pull me out of her way haha.

Perms are huge here - I wonder what my stylist would say if I asked her to perm my hair? haha, I have seriously thought about it.

Korean news is probably the best - they are big on re-enactments and they blur the faces of people they interview and give them funny voices. I really enjoy it.

Suicide rates are very, very high in Korea. Which is a very scary, but real problem here. As I said before, there is so much pressure on the people here to be a certain way that I think it drives people to feel like there is no way out. Very shocking to here about - we just read in the paper today that everyday in Korea, 42 people commit suicide.

Okay, that is all I can think about for now... one more post and I think that should take care of the blog and our trip. Sigh... stay tuned.

Love Melissa and Arnold

No comments:

Post a Comment