Sunday, September 4, 2011

Scooter Rides

This post is just for Agri.. haha

Agri has a scooter that he uses to get around the city. Since he drives everywhere, he knows the city so well. He kept promising us scooter rides (just like the carnival haha) so that we could see more of the city. Well last night was finally my turn for the long waited scooter ride.

It was really cool seeing a couple new areas of the city and to be able to connect all of the areas that we had been in together. It made it seem like Seoul was smaller then it seems. But that really isn't the point of this post. I have a much better story about the scooter ride haha.

I have come to realize that I'm a chicken sh*t. I'm scared of my own shadow. Last time I was on the back of a scooter, I told Arnold he couldn't go faster then 40km/hr. Well it's not like I could tell Agri the same thing and or is it possible to go that slow in a city. Every little bump on the street that we hit feels big when you are on a small, fast moving bike. The traffic seems way too close to you and that you are in danger of being hit (even though you aren't). My brother in law is a bit of a madman out there on his bike.

Anyway, he wanted to take me for a tour of the campus of one of those big Sky Universities so I could see what they are like. Being a Sunday night, there wasn't any traffic around campus. And well Agri is easily distracted by fields and flood lights. He's like a dog when a dog sees a squirrel - just loses all focus. We pass by a field lit up with flood lights and he can't take his eyes off everyone playing sports. Meanwhile I'm looking ahead and realize that there is a speed bump coming up and we aren't slowing down. I grab Agri's arm and say "Agri, speedbump" but it's too late. We hit that bump at a good speed and I go flying. I actually jumped out of my seat on the bike, thankfully, I was able to grab onto the bike. Honestly, I couldn't stop laughing. I think if anyone was around to see that they would have died laughing. Two white people flying over a speed bump. It was really funny or maybe so just in my mind. But I am still laughing about it. I think that will be my last scooter ride in a while.

Love Melissa and Arnold

No comments:

Post a Comment