Sunday, July 17, 2011

Back in the old hood...

After a very crazy two weeks in India we were off to Thailand for Shelley's wedding. We were excited for a couple of reasons (mostly because we wanted to see our family again), but I sort of felt like coming back to my old hood. I was excited to show Arnold around and take him to some of the places that I had gone to when I was here. But I do have to admit I really miss my thai thai buddy. Karley and I came here a couple of years ago and it's just not the same without her, but it is still as cool as the first time around.

We spent the first two days in Bangkok and then headed down to Ko Samui for the wedding. I took Arnold to a couple of the must see places in Bangkok and then to my favourite restaurant - yes, the one in Hangover 2. It was a blast - but it was different seeing the city a second time around through eyes of a married women. LOL. Two things that we found strange, BUT soooo refreshing after coming from the intense mayhem of India is that a) I could wear "normal" clothes again and b) it was soooo clean and quiet!. Now, coming to Bangkok for the first time you might not think of the city as "clean" but after coming from India, it felt like we could eat our dinner off of the streets because it was so "clean". Don't worry, I will explain the clean and "normal" clothes very soon.

So yes, it felt GREAT to be back in Thailand - I felt proud and like it was my job to take Arnold around and show him how great the country was. Today we spent the day at the beach in +30 weather relaxing - ugh, the first time since we left France. The last two weeks have been non stop madness. We have lots to fill you in on and once again sorry for the delay, but the net was not my friend. Plus it was NON stop sightseeing in +36 weather for two weeks. At the end of each day we were ready for bed and nothing else. But I will try to get things posted tomorrow to fill you in on some pretty amazing stories - things to come - me being blacklisted from Europe, Cremations, White Person in India, Taj Mahal, my run in with a cow and Arnold's breaking point... haha ... we have some goods for you guys

Love Melissa and Arnold

No comments:

Post a Comment