Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Memories from Varanasi

As I mentioned before, I could go on and on about Varanasi. There really isn't enough time to explain every detail or every story so I'll just pick a couple.

1) Arnold and I had a private yoga session with a yogi master who had been doing yoga for over 30+ years. He must have weighed about 85 pounds and was Cirque du Soleil flexible. It was by far the best yoga experience we have ever had. He made sure we were doing the correct poses and really spent time explaining everything.

2) The never ending hunt for chai teas. Ugh, Chai's!! India definitely has the best chai and it was so cool to hang out road side sipping a glass of chai with the locals after waiting months to do it. Our guide took us to this amazing tea maker who made some of the best masala in Varanasi. I am bringing back a lot of India tea home - so come on over if you ever want me to make you a cup. I would go to shops and sit down and learn how to make them and then drink the product after.

3) Stumbling upon a group of young boys playing "street cricket". Canadians play street hockey and Indians play street cricket, but far more intense haha. After every point they would start yelling about how many points that it was actually worth. We watched them play for a while - it was awesome. Arnold had a pretty big smile on his face after that.

Sorry for going on and on about Varanasi, but I think it needed to be done because it was that sort of town.

Love Melissa and Arnold

No comments:

Post a Comment