Tuesday, July 26, 2011

The Golden Triangle

After leaving Varanasi we were off to the "Golden Triangle" to see the Taj and the cities in the surrounding area. We hired a driver who picked us up from the Delhi Airport and then drove us to Agra, Jaipur, and Pushkar (plus some small towns on the way to our destinations). Looking back, hiring a driver was great, but how we survived the driving is beyond me. I couldn't watch, honestly, it's that bad or should I say scary. One time I was sleeping and our driver hit his breaks so hard we started skidding and I woke up with a bit of a
scream haha - He was just slowing down for a speed bump, but I had no idea what was going on. People are crazy drivers. We had to slam on the breaks hard a couple of times in order to dodge a cow on the road.

None the less, we had a great time. Jaipur is probably my second favorite city - we liked it so much that we ended up spending a lot of time there. The Taj, well I don't think I need to even explain that - it is STUNNING. Wow, we were more then impressed by it, plus we saw a couple get engaged there - it was so cute and you couldn't pick a better spot to do it. The one thing that we didn't like though was the intensity of the touts. They are bad in this area - as soon as they saw you they would swarm you and they weren't
all that nice either. Just in your face all the time. I think that was starting to wear Arnold down and he would just get more annoyed by the day.

Pushkar was a little bit weird at first - when we first got there and went for a walk, we had a bit of a group following us. There was about 6 adults (my mom's age) giggling behind us and finally they pointed to my camera and asked me to take their picture. Then as soon as I did - they wanted to see it. They started laughing again and then were on their way - it was hilarious. I think they liked seeing themselves on the screen. (A LOT of people had those old school film cameras haha).

I even went for a camel ride haha - now that was scary, I was worried it was going to take off running. Like I said before, the streets in India are like a circus - they have everything there.

The place that we are currently at doesn't have the best wifi - it's slow, so there is no way I can add some pictures. But I think next time we get to somewhere that has really good wifi, I'll just do a post of pictures from India so you can see a bit of what we saw

Love Melissa and Arnold

No comments:

Post a Comment