Monday, July 18, 2011

Henna

Do you remember henna? Not the henna body paint, but the henna hair dye? Well when I was pretty young, I tried it. It's supposed to give your hair a red tone and be all natural. Anyway, I had long forgotten about it until we arrived in India. Everyone here uses it. It's pretty awesome. The best is when the guys who are starting to go grey use it because it turns the grey hair really really red/orange and the rest of the hair is just a dark brown color - so they have colored patches all over their head. Or even better is the BRIGHT orange hair. That is a result of when the man is all grey and uses the hair color. I still don't know how the color turns out that way and when it became a good idea to do that, but they all do it. I have a picture - if I can download it, I will just so you can see what I mean. Oh and they even dye their beards bright orange so it makes it even better. Honestly, it's really funny to see.

Love Melissa and Arnold

PS. The photo isn't the best, but you get the idea. This is pretty tame. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment