Tuesday, July 26, 2011

My story about the cow

I wasn't even going to share this story, but my sister found it sooo funny, that she started telling everyone about it. So I guess I will share it.

We were walking around the narrow streets in Old Town in Jaipur one day (they weren't as narrow as Varanasi, but definitely not big by any means) and I could see a cow (or maybe a bull) walking towards me, as I went to move out of the way a man came up beside me and sort of cut me off so I couldn't go around the cow as I had planned. For whatever reason, I stopped and was waiting for him to move a bit more so I could get out of the way, but I was too late. The Cow/Bull put his head down and rammed his head into me. He made like that bucking motion with his head- put it down and then pushed up. Right into my body. I FREAKED. Honestly, freaked out LOL. Threw the stuff I had in my hands, screamed and jumped into the first store I saw. haha.

All I could see were the cows horns and all I could think of was getting trampled like they do at the Rodeo. Overreacted, maybe? but I was terrified. Like shaking. Of course everyone around is looking at me like I'm mental and looking back it's pretty funny. I like to call it a very low speed head butt haha. I wasn't hurt (maybe just my pride). I think anyone watching from the outside would have been on the ground laughing - I pretty much had a yard sale with my stuff, was screaming my head off and running around like an idiot haha.
 
Needless to say, Arnold had a lot of good material for the weeks to come. And now I have a new fear for cows haha.

Love Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment