Wednesday, June 15, 2011

95 steps...

is how many steps it takes us to get to our flat in Paris LOL. We decided to rent a flat in Paris for our two week stay vs staying at a hotel - it's cheaper and it allows us to cook our own meals, which is REALLY nice for a change - eating out every meal gets hard on a person (and their waist line).

So, we rented a great little flat in probably one of the best locations possible. When you open the main doors to the apartment complex, you are looking at the Louvre. Yes, we are like 10 feet away from the Louvre - it's pretty amazing. Also, when I say little, I mean really, really little hahah. It's not like we need a lot of space and it is Europe, but it is just really funny - our Kitchen (and no jokes here) is literally in a closet - so picture the closet you had growing up at home and well imagine throwing a kitchen into it. There is a small fridge, a washer, two stove elements and a sink - plus dishes etc all crammed into this closet - we can even close the doors after we are done using it so you can't see it anymore. Like I said, exactly like a closet - I think that is what it was before they reno'ed the place.

But it's really not a huge problem and the place has been great for us - maybe just one small problem. It's located on the 5th floor with no lift haha ... It's a lot of stairs to climb every day multiple times, but it keeps us in shape, right ;) Every time I climb the stairs, all I can think about is how people move in this city - like I would NEVER rent a flat that is that high up with no elevator, could you imagine. Ugh, the thought scares me. And the staircase is tight and a spiral - so how do they get couches up? Through the windows? I would probably get rid of everything I owned just so I would have to move boxes up those stairs LOL.

So that is a bit about our flat and where we decided to stay while in Paris

Love Melissa and Arnold

No comments:

Post a Comment