Thursday, June 23, 2011

The Search for Robert Langdon

has ended and we have moved on from Paris. After a bit of thought, I think Arnold and I have both agreed that Paris is a great weekend/4 day city. Like it is really beautiful, but towards the end of the two weeks we were feeling pretty beat down and wanted to get away. It was really good to watch Midnight in Paris, while we were still in Paris because it sort of made us love the city all over again, but before then we were seriously ready to make an exit and fast.

I'm not really sure why things went sour for us, but they did (I think it had to do with some of the people there). That movie made us see all the good things about Paris and forget about the bad. Paris is still my favorite city, but I can say that I am super super glad that we didn't end up living there like planned. I think I would have been pretty bitter by the end. The weather in Paris is terrible. Warm, but they hardly see the sun. We had a couple beautiful days there, but other then that it was either cloudy or rainy - I would have froze with my selection of clothes. And not that the rain is bad, because Paris is wonderful in the rain, but when you have summer clothes and not proper footwear it makes it a bit tough. If prepared for the weather - it wouldn't be a factor.

I think that now that we have left, it is back to an amazing city in our minds - it wasn't all bad. I think a couple people just jaded our experience a bit and gave us a bit of a bad taste, but we are over it now. One thing I was surprised about is how expensive it was. I think I wouldn't have noticed otherwise, but coming from Italy and Spain - it was a bit of a shock (plus I'm being cheap because we are on a long trip hahah). Anyway, we had a bit of a falling out, but we are back on track and I think next time we go it will be better and we know exactly where to go and what to see.

We have to make a quick day trip there next week to pick up our passports and of course we are excited to be in the city again - it's like a relationship - you need a break from time to time - can't spend 24/7 together haha.

Love Melissa and Arnold






No comments:

Post a Comment