Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Paris....

Aaaahhh, the city of Love and my favorite city in the world (okay, I might have a change in heart? but i'm not sure). As you can imagine, I was VERY excited about getting to Paris (and France in general) for a couple of reasons, but mostly because I love that city. Since I didn't get to live here as originally planned we decided that two weeks was better then nothing. As much as I would have loved to live here, I'm glad we didn't - it's pretty expensive and the weather - not so good haha.


When I was living in Capri, I met a French women who lived in Paris and she told me that she didn't like it and that her and her husband were trying to move and go somewhere better - I was like "umm are you crazy, it's the best city ever" but she said it was the weather that is bad and was why they wanted to leave. Of course, I didn't know anything about the weather because I had only been here once before and when we came it was fall and supposed to be colder. But Paris, really does get terrible weather - after spending a week here, I was a) glad that I didn't spend the two months here as planned (I would have froze) and b) realized that she was right.

But weather aside, it is still Paris and it is still pretty amazing. Plus it is home of the Eiffel Tower. Every time I see it, it never fails to impress me. Arnold doesn't understand, but I LOVE the tower - I think it's such a spectacular sight. I probably go see it up close every other day LOL.

Iit's nice to have a lot of time here so we aren't rushed and can fit everything in. We watched a bit of the French Open Final with about 300 other people in front of  a giant screen in front of City Hall. Instead of people drinking beers, they drank bottles of wine - love it. We also went and saw "Very Bad Trip 2" (aka the Hangover 2) at the theatre the other night. Things we wouldn't have gotten a chance to do on a short trip here. We mix the days with a bit of sightseeing and relaxing. All we have left to do now is go to the Louvre - Arnold wants to spend a couple of hours there so I think we will either go today or else Wednesday night.
I have more things to say about Paris, but that is for another post - which I will work on tomorrow.

Love Melissa and Arnold



1 comment:

  1. We will be seeing what you see in person in a couple weeks!! :)

    ReplyDelete