Thursday, June 23, 2011

Last Couple of Items from Paris...

A couple European cities have implemented these biking programs in their city (we call it "bicing"), which allows a person to rent a public bike, use it and then drop it off when finished. You sign up for a pass number and then can use any of the public bikes around the city. Such a great idea and perfect for us while we were in Paris. We biked around Paris non-stop. It was a blast. I hadn't rode a  bike in years - I would say the last time was probably in Grade 10 - I think I stopped once I got my license. So at first, I was so nervous, but its true what they say haha. You don't ever forget. After getting over my fear, I didn't want to get off the bikes. Plus everyone
bikes in Paris - even guys in full on suits. It's awesome. Arnold took to calling me Marry Poppins while I was biking because apparently, I sit up very straight on the bike haha.

Also, last time we were in Paris with our friends, we went to this ridiculous restaurant - ridiculous in terms of concept. So they only serve steak - that's it, that's all. And it's lined up around the block to get in to this place from open to close. If you want to get in for dinner without waiting in line for an hour, you have to go when it first opens. The tables are all pretty much touching - sort of cafeteria style - they cram as many people in as they can. When the server comes, the only thing she asks is what do you want to drink and how do you like
your steak done. haha that's it. It's amazing to me, that people will line up for hours for a restaurant that doesn't have menus and with no other options for dinner, but they do- it's always busy. I'm not a red meat person (well really a meat person in general - I don't like the taste) so I didn't think I would enjoy it, but honestly, it's amazing. Coming from Alberta where we have the best steak around, most people
would probably not care for the steak they serve, but so good (its really thin, I think that's why I like it). Plus this sauce that they put all over it is the best! So of course we had to go there again on this trip - and by a fluke chance we were walking by at lunch, hungry and there wasn't a line up so we walked right on it. Mmm, so good! All you can eat steak and fries for 25 Euro each haha - but I would tell people they HAVE to go because its that good.

Love Melissa and Arnold

PS. We might have been a bit drunk in these first two pictures haha - this was after the champagne in the park on our anniversary :)




No comments:

Post a Comment