Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Trains vs Planes

Okay, last post of the night because I really need to get to bed and I have almost finished my bottle of bubbly. Haha. Once again, not sure if I have mentioned this in the past or not, but sorry, if I have.

Planes vs trains. Seriously, Europeans have it made. I would NEVER take a plane if I had the option of taking a train. Do you know how easy it is to get around by train??? Ugh, it makes me hate the whole flying experience and I used to love it. Now I find it a huge hassle. With a train - you just show up 5 minutes before you leave, no screening, no thinking about 100ml liquids - you just find your seat and get on. Could life get any sweeter. Why can't Canada have a train system?? I beg. PLUS you don't have to worry about the weight of your bags (which is a huge concern for me currently - I can't even get into this right now. Long story short- our bags are crazy heavy right now and we are heading into hot, muggy weather eek). We really, really love taking trains - it has made life easy.

Europe has really great cheap airlines, but they are evil when it comes to bags and weight. Now I can see why they have figured out how to travel with just a carry on. They will charge you everything they can when it comes to bags and weight (I'm still not ready to tell you my story of our experience with RyanAir haha - for another day).

Anyway, my point is, I wish I could take a train everywhere - its fun, easy and stress free. If I lived in Europe, that is the only way I would get around :).

Love Melissa and Arnold.

I still have another 4-5 stories coming before we leave tomorrow, but I need some sleep. And I think my posts with pictures will end after tomorrow - I have a feeling internet won't be top notch. Thanks for reading. We miss everyone back home :) xoxo

1 comment: