Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Starbucks

Last time we were in Paris, I think we came across Starbucks once and it was inside the Louvre. So in the time between then and now (which has only been a year and a half), it seems like Starbucks has taken over Paris. Or maybe we just didn't look hard enough last time we were here - but seriously, they are everywhere.

After two months in Africa and close to two months in Italy - I hadn't had a Starbucks in ages and then we get to Spain and could find them pretty easily in both Barcelona and Seville and now the same with Paris. I feel as though Paris sort of sold out and bought into the big chain places. Tsk tsk Paris, you used to be so cool haha. Of course I can't resist a Chai Latte from time to time and so on our second day in Paris, I caved and bought one. But man, they are expensive here (or maybe I am cheap), 4 Euro for a TALL chai. So I put myself on a starbucks diet and have only had two now since we arrived. Speaking of which, we went there on Saturday and bought two drinks and one lemon cake for 12 Euro - gah, like I said, expensive!!

McDonalds is also all over the place here too - haha Arnold loves that fact ... but why eat that when you can have a baguette ... makes no sense to me. LOL

Love Melissa and Arnold

No comments:

Post a Comment