Thursday, August 18, 2011

"Barn"

Our friends that we were staying with in Singa have two kids - a little girl that is about 3 and a boy
that is just over a year (Sorry, I'm not good with weeks and months, but they are around that age). When we first got there, Isla was playing shy with us, she wouldn't really talk to us and wouldn't really venture to far from Meags or Ian. They kept telling her our names were "Melissa and Arn", but she was too shy to say them.

We figured that a great ice breaker would be to show Isla, Arnold's Ipad because we had a talking
dog on it that we knew she would love. Of course she thought it was the greatest thing ever and just wanted to play with it all night. The next morning, Meags and I are talking in the livingroom when Isla comes out and says "Mom, where's Barn" haha. She thought Arnold's name was Barn and she kept calling him that. So of course we were killing ourselves laughing and for the rest of our stay
there, he was refered to as "Barn". It was soo cute.

Love Melissa and Arnold 

PS. I can see why moms are so skinny - while Ian and Meags were at work one day, I took Isla down to the pool for a bit and the first part went well. But then things got a little crazy. She is fast (actually I think all kids are fast). I would have to chase her down and make sure she didn't jump into the big pool. I think I didn't stop running for 30 minutes haha. Stressful, but fun. They are the cutest kids. 

No comments:

Post a Comment