Thursday, August 18, 2011

Last bits from Bali

One of my top three places we have been. Love, love, love Bali. I want to go back and I definitely did not want to leave. I find that with all the places I never want to see or go to they end up being the best. I never wanted to go to South Africa, but it was so amazing. Never wanted to go to Italy, but of course I am so in love with everything there now. And now same goes for Bali. Never thought I would go to Indo - actually the thought of going to Indo scared me because I have always heard about plane crashes
and boats sinking there. So it just wasn't high up there on my list. But I am sooo glad we decided to go there. 

After leaving the Gili's we were back in Bali for the remainder of our time there. We booked a bit of a fancy resort after a lot of searching because we got it for a great deal. And I'm not going to lie, it was amazing. After spending 5 days in the Gili's it was really nice to come back to a super clean hotel that had a proper shower, a beautiful bed and fluffy towels. haha. Plus after the crazy ferry ride and salt water showers, I was ready for a place to relax at and do nothing. Added bonus, the breakfast at this hotel was the best breakfast I have had so far on this trip haha.

We booked a day tour to check out a couple sights on the island and  tried the famous "Cat crap" coffee. Arnold had been wanting to try this coffee for ages and we finally had a chance. He said it  was "strong" haha. I tried some of the coffee as well, but couldn't really tell if it was anything special. But I thought the teas and cocoa were nice. The resort we were staying at wasn't in a good location for sunsets, so we were told to check out the W Hotel and watch the sunset there while sipping on a mojito. It was pretty amazing - both the hotel and the sunset. I think I  would like to stay there next time we go to Bali haha. It was beautiful and in a great location for shopping ;)

We will definitely be going back to Indo in the near future - I was actually trying to talk Arnold into going back before the end of our trip, but he wasn't too keen on it LOL

Thanks for reading - lots more coming

Love Melissa and Arnold

No comments:

Post a Comment