Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Island Hopping

We have been off the grid for the past 4 days, so I haven't been able to post any blog posts or get to emails. But we are back in civilization and have a bit of time to blog.

After Shelley and Agri's wedding we spent a couple more days with the family in Ko Samui and then we were off to the surrounding islands - but "kids" only. We left my parents in law in Samui and headed off with the newly weds and their friends for a little RnR. Much needed, might I add. All Arnold and I wanted to do was sit by a pool or beach and relax and regroup after India. And that is exactly what we did.

We headed to Haad Yuan which is only accessible by boat, has limited internet and only a couple of places to stay. So it was perfect!!! We got to spend a lot of time with my sister in law and her new husband. Plus get to know all of their amazing friends better. The first time I went to Thailand, my girlfriend and I took a boat to this beach and I remember telling Arnold how amazing it was and that if we ever went to Thailand together, that we would have to go there. So it was pretty cool, that I got to take him there and show him what I saw.

After spending a couple days there, we were off to Ko Tao. I was VERY excited to go there because I had never been there before, so it would all be new for me. So far, all of the places that we went, I had already been, so I was excited to see a couple of new parts in Thailand. Arnold and I both think that Ko Tao was our favourite island. It had a great vibe and lots to see and do. We actually wished we had more time there.

No comments:

Post a Comment