Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Introducing....

Our new fur baby KIBO!!!!



After 3+ years talking about it, 1 year of talking with the breeder we are finally bringing home a new little fur baby - okay, well maybe not little. Arnold and I have been talking about getting a dog for ages, we could just never find a breed (or mixed breed) that we wanted. We would compare the dogs to little Oliver (my mom's dog - the one that was in our wedding haha) and knew that it would be hard to find a small dog with his personality. Last year while we were in NYC, I stopped this girl walking this super beautiful dog and asked her what kind of dog it was because it was perfect. She told me the name of the breed and the research began.

I contacted a breeder last year and told her that I would like to sign us up for a pup, but explained our situation. We have been keeping in touch over the past year and she told me that a litter of pups had been born on June 4th and would be ready to take home Aug 4. Since we were away until September, she kindly offered to hold onto her until we are back. Soo little Kibo will be arriving in Calgary right after we get back. (She is coming all the way from Ontario) 

Kibo is a Hungarian Viszla - super, super high energy, but very smart and known to be the velcro dog haha. I wanted a dog I could run with - that way she will get exercise and it motivates me to always run.  Win, Win situation haha. She will get to be anywhere from 40-50 pounds - so about a midsized dog. We are VERY excited to bring her home and welcome her to the Lee family. I wanted to wait till we had pictures to tell everyone :) So we are official proud parents to a pup. 

Love Melissa and Arnold

No comments:

Post a Comment