Tuesday, August 2, 2011

One month to go and missing home

When we first left Canada - I had a lot of people asking me if I was homesick. Now that we are one month away from the end of this amazing trip, I am getting a lot of people asking me again if I miss home.

I am definitely NOT homesick. I am not tired of living out of a backpack and always being on the move. I am actually a bit sad that we only have a month left to go before we head home. Of course I will be very excited to go home and see everyone, but I don't know if I'm ready just yet. I have enjoyed everything on this trip and I still am enjoying everything.

I held a blackberry in my hand a couple of weeks ago for the first time in 5 1/2 months and I did miss BBM. I think it will be weird for me to go home and have a closet full of clothes haha. I'm so used to having a limited selection of clothing that I don't even really have to think about what I am going to wear. Sometimes, places aren't as clean as I would like them to be and I have to force myself to let go, but I don't think that's a bad thing. I think I could spend another couple of months away before I would get tired of being away an want to go home, but as of right now, I am definitely happy to be away. I think seeing our family in Thailand was really good for us. Also, our last two months of the trip is actually with friends and family. Our first 5 months was spent solo and now we are either traveling with friends or visiting friend in the places we stop.

But we will be back home in a months time (unless we change our plans) but still have 3 more countries to see and lots of things to do :)

Well, that's all I have time for this morning. Have lots and lots coming, but I want to go eat and get on with the day. Hope all is well in Canada and thanks for reading.

Much Love

Melissa and Arnold

No comments:

Post a Comment