Friday, August 5, 2011

Kuala Lumpur

The only way for us to get to Bali from where we were in Thailand was to go through KL, so we decided to spend the night there and check out the city. We had been warned that KL wasn't very exciting and that you only needed to spend a day there in order to see the sights - so that is what we did.

KL isn't a very exciting city at all haha, but I found it to be very pretty. I thought the city was nice, BUT would not want to spend more then 24 hours there. Arnold really wanted to go see the Petronas Towers while we were there, so first thing in the morning we got onto the train and made our way over to see them.

The towers are attached a BIG mall with a lot of fancy brand names. It's probably a good thing that we didn't have more time, otherwise I would have wanted to spend the day in that mall shopping haha. I didn't really like the vibe in the city, hard to explain, but I just didn't like it. After our brief stay in KL, I am really glad that we decided to head to Indo vs Malaysia.

A funny thing about our stay - we picked a hotel that was located in "Little India" (I don't know if that's the name of the area, I just made that up, but there were a lot of India people and food in this area). All Arnold wanted to do was get away from India and not think about India and here we are, back in India again. It was a bit trippy.  But the food was soo good - I had to get a Chai to go because it was that good.

So pretty boring post, but it was a pretty boring city.

Love Melissa and Arnold

No comments:

Post a Comment